Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Added a new Community page!
PostPosted: Wed 09 Jun 2010, 08:29 
Geneshift Creator

Hey all. I've just finished writing up the new Community page. You can see it's up the top right in the navbar. It basically explains the Community Credits system and will show leaderboards down the right hand side.

I'd love it if you could give me some feedback on it. Does it make sense to you? Anything that needs clarifying? Does it pump you up for helping out? That kinda thing.

I'd also like to hear what Top 20's you'd be interested in seeing there. Currently I've got Top 20 contributors based on who has the most community credits, and Top 20 Mutants based on profiles with the highest mutation.

What else do you wanna see?

Online Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Added a new Community page!
PostPosted: Wed 09 Jun 2010, 10:36 
Mutant

bencelot wrote:
I'd also like to hear what Top 20's you'd be interested in seeing there. Currently I've got Top 20 contributors based on who has the most community credits, and Top 20 Mutants based on profiles with the highest mutation.

Well, I think when the lvl 100 barrier has been reached, the latter wouldn't be useful anymore, so maybe make some sort of "arena rating" or such.

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jun 2010, 10:52 
Geneshift Creator

Well when you reach lvl 100 it'll start sorting by respect and when that's maxed it'll sort by kills. That won't happen for years though. Point is, we can have multiple leader boards.

I like your idea of a rating system.. unlike mutation which only goes up, a rating system can go up and down, based on how well you've been playing lately. Some sort of rolling average of kill/deaths or something like that. Need to think about it, but it'd certainly be cool.

Online Profile  
PostPosted: Wed 09 Jun 2010, 10:57 
Mutant

bencelot wrote:
Well when you reach lvl 100 it'll start sorting by respect and when that's maxed it'll sort by kills. That won't happen for years though. Point is, we can have multiple leader boards.

I like your idea of a rating system.. unlike mutation which only goes up, a rating system can go up and down, based on how well you've been playing lately. Some sort of rolling average of kill/deaths or something like that. Need to think about it, but it'd certainly be cool.

I think there should be some sort of like arena mode with 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 and 5v5 possibilities or something. Just my thought.

P.S. Come play, nabber. Maybe then I could finally get a chat on you.

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jun 2010, 11:00 
Geneshift Creator

Might be on a bit later tonight, just gotta add the Community guide that I just wrote up to the in-game HOW TO PLAY. After that, I can sign off on the entire account system and start working on the new skill improvements.

Online Profile  
PostPosted: Wed 09 Jun 2010, 11:01 
Mutant

bencelot wrote:
Might be on a bit later tonight, just gotta add the Community guide that I just wrote up to the in-game HOW TO PLAY. After that, I can sign off on the entire account system and start working on the new skill improvements.

Also you could read the suggestions or atleast reply to them :P

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jun 2010, 20:44 
Mutant

bencelot wrote:

I'll be able to post my ideas for skill improvements this afternoon or tonight sometime.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]