Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Chemical Warfare: carrying a chemical graphics
PostPosted: Mon 19 Jan 2015, 19:19 
Geneshift Creator

Today I worked on the graphics, sounds and networking for carrying a chemical. You can now buy a chemical and see it on your character. It's a cool little backpack with some blue smoke coming out the back of it. It's very noticeable and will gather a lot of attention, so be careful! I did the graphics and sound effects for when you're placing chemicals as well.

Here is a picture of me running with a chemical on my back: http://imgur.com/peCYPRa

The display of this graphic impacts gameplay a lot, so here are the rules for when it displays:
1) Most chemicals will show this graphic except for Neutralizer and Insulator.
2) If you buy from an Advanced Chemicals then this graphic won't show either.
3) While you have this on you you will not be able to go invisible, so the only way to hide it is to ride in a vehicle. You can use invis if there is no graphic though.
4) When you press C a timer will start counting down and a planting animation will play. This animation (and the sound effects) will always play even if you're planting Neutralizer or are Invisible.
5) If you move while planting then the cooldown will cancel and you'll have to press C to start the process again.
6) When the timer reaches zero you will have succesfully planted the chemical and it will do whatever it does. Currently the only thing I've got working is the capturing of compounds, but I'll be working on creating chemical zones next :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]