Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Asterparity is now playing Gamemaker Studio
PostPosted: Wed 10 May 2017, 02:15 
Gobbling Turkey

bencelot has brought up I've been on gamemaker a lot recently and wanted to know more about my project. Well here it is; https://youtu.be/5rFqYsgdQVE

It's a space navy combat game in the works. Ideally you make your starting ship/mech, help your faction conquer planets, claim money from bounties and missions, turn said money into upgrades, recruits, or new ships, repeat.

At the moment the combat is pretty much done, and there's enough things to make spending options. I wish the AI and HUD was better, also no UI at all. There's also enough different units to make you feel some form of strategy (SPAM SUPPORTS AND CARRIERS, or one man army). Also planet generation is quite sloppy.

Here's the link for instructions(you need this)/changelog; https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EQJ ... sp=sharing

Here's the link for the actual game; https://www.dropbox.com/s/1aqfvovf0kfds ... r.exe?dl=0

Any questions I can answer in this thread or the discord off-topic or any other means you have of contacting me.

I do have a life. I'm just trying really hard to not have one.

Post subject: Re: Asterparity is now playing Gamemaker Studio
PostPosted: Wed 10 May 2017, 02:19 
Geneshift Creator

Hah awesome, looks like you've got a barrier in there already. And where'd you get that sweet music?

That's really impressive for just 3 weeks of work. Keep it up!

PostPosted: Wed 10 May 2017, 02:36 
Gobbling Turkey

Oh yes, I should mention that the audio assets were taken from the Sunrider VN. As this is a fangame of that series.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/31373 ... _Arcadius/

The art assets were inspired by (in some cases completely referenced) by the franchise as well, but the sprites were done mostly by me, and the bigger sprites (ships, and PACT/Alliance stations) are being done by cyberneticpony.

PostPosted: Wed 10 May 2017, 05:18 
Mercenary

Don't ever use bandicam again please, that's some outdated shit. Try fraps or VLC instead, both can be used to record video without any watermarks and pretty good quality.

PostPosted: Wed 10 May 2017, 06:51 
Gobbling Turkey

Never used fraps because it only allows 30s of recording for free (since I tried to use it), VLC I was not aware had a recording software.

PostPosted: Wed 10 May 2017, 17:51 
Mercenary

Asterparity wrote:
Never used fraps because it only allows 30s of recording for free (since I tried to use it), VLC I was not aware had a recording software.

Actually OBS might be the best software to use. It's usually used for streaming, but it should be able to easily handle normal recording as well. VLC will fine as well, just ask google for help.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]