Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: New build for map makers!
PostPosted: Thu 25 Jun 2015, 14:27 
Walking Encyclopedia

chross wrote:
Could you add a shortcut to rotate models in 90° increments (preferably R). The point is that on some screen resolutions, it is very hard to accurately set a certain value using sliders. So maybe just add an editable number field for every value in addition to the slider

There is an arrow at each end of the slider that changes the amount by the smallest possible increment.

Credits to Illusion & Affle for my signature & avatar respectively!

PostPosted: Thu 25 Jun 2015, 15:57 
Geneshift Creator

chross wrote:
Could you add a shortcut to rotate models in 90° increments (preferably R). The point is that on some screen resolutions, it is very hard to accurately set a certain value using sliders. So maybe just add an editable number field for every value in addition to the slider.

Anyway, I really like the changes, they add a lot of depth to the game.

Also, is there any chance, that you will add a render button to the map editor to instantly see how the map will look like without saving, exiting, creating a host, joining, leaving, starting the editor, etc...

Cheers
chross

Hey man, long time no see :) How's it going?

As STM said you can click the little arrows. Though a snap to 90 degrees would be nice too. Also render might be a bit tricky but I'll have a think about it. It would be cool (though would probably take almost as long as just opening the map up ingame).

PostPosted: Thu 02 Jul 2015, 04:45 
Geneshift Creator

Just uploaded another version of the exe. Mostly improves loading times, but also has a few neat little map editor features and bug fixes in it. There is one bug which I found btw but can only sometimes reproduce. Every so often you'll load a map (with quality lighting) and there will be a big 32x32 square with no texture. If you happen to see this could you just send me the log? Cheese! Enjoy the new speedy build :D

PostPosted: Sat 04 Jul 2015, 01:08 
Geneshift Creator

Just uploaded a whole new zip file. I've got a few new models and textures. I've also updated lots of the existing models to load with faster performance. And bug fixes and optimisations in the map editor as well. I suggest anyone map making download it:

http://mutantfactions.net/downloads/pla ... TBUILD.zip

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jul 2015, 05:37 
Walking Encyclopedia

Bump because Bencelot added some new features in the latest build (only .exe, the full .zip is not updated).
http://mutantfactions.net/downloads/pla ... ctions.exe

Changes:
* There'd be ugly big red text saying "-Test Mode-" at the game's title. Don't worry about it, its temporary.
* Mapmakers can now access a teal collision type. It functions exactly the same as full blue collision - it blocks all movement, line of sight and bullets. However, unlike full blue collision, it does not block lighting. This will be most useful for an outdoor map as a substitute for blue collision.
* You know when you're standing on a very steep slope tile, you are unable to sprint or jump, only walk? Now, you'd be able to jump, but you'd still be slowed down/unable to sprint.
* You can now toggle on/off sprint/barrier by double-tapping the same button. Unlike previous versions, sprint toggle is not disabled by going into barrier - that means you don't ever need to touch the sprint button anymore.
  • In future, sprint will be toggled on by default on spawn and on exiting a car. May also include an option where holding shift becomes walk.
  • There may be a fix for the car spawn bug, where buying against a wall will cause you to warp towards the bottom right. Maybe make the game warp you towards somewhere within the buyzone instead of outside buyzone.

Credits to Illusion & Affle for my signature & avatar respectively!

PostPosted: Tue 21 Jul 2015, 18:39 
Geneshift Creator

Hey dudes, I've finished all the official maps! Hooray! I've uploaded them all into the new test build along with new sound effects and textures: http://mutantfactions.net/downloads/pla ... TBUILD.zip

I wanted to keep some of these maps a surprise for you guys when the new version came out, but figured if you wanted to have a look now that'd be fine. You might notice a few issues which we can polish up before v1.09 comes out. All feedback is welcome, from gameplay to graphical and of course obvious errors like misalligned tiles too. I won't be making any massive gameplay changes at this stage as we'll need to properly playtest the maps in v1.09. After then I welcome more feedback to truely balance and perfect the maps. But for now if you notice any small things that could be improved let me know!!

Can't wait to try these maps out next version. Every map has been improved in both gameplay and graphics. Some map with MASSIVE reworks it'll basically be like playing a whole new map. Excited!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3