Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: New build for map makers!
PostPosted: Wed 17 Jun 2015, 01:55 
Geneshift Creator

Hey dudes, here's the latest version of the game! Download it if you want to check out all the pretty new graphics or fool around with the map editor. Note that v1.09 isn't finished yet and you won't be able to join servers or anything, but the map editor is fully functional and ready to go!

Now for a few words on official maps. The reason I've spent the past 2+ months smashing out graphics is so the game can look really, really good. There's no point adding all these models and lighting effects if they aren't actually used in any maps for new players to see. Basically for official maps the standards have been raised and a map will need to look really sexy to be considered official. Remember the whole point of this was so the game looks better, the screenshots look better, the let's plays and review and youtube videos look better, and more people end up downloading the game. Therefore any map which is official and could be a new player's first experience needs to look GOOOOD!

Now for the guys who already have official maps (Nightfall, STM1993 and Qwertybeef) I will gladly help you guys update your maps to a sexy enough level. I know you guys are busy and of course you don't have to update your maps at all. But if you don't want to just let me know and I'll do it for you (with your permission of course and only if you still want the map to remain official). Feel free to make whatever changes you want, but I will probably have to give the map a once-over afterwards to make sure it's 100% up to standard. I'll be doing this for all of my maps too. So far Downtown is the only map that I think looks pretty enough to be official. Also I'm not just talking about lighting and model updates, the whole works. Every single tile must be sexy! But again, I will help you guys as much as you want. I'm going to start smashing out my own maps now and I can move on to yours afterwards.

Now for a few tips and tricks for the new system, and making maps look good in general. This is for official map makers and anyone else who wants to make an official map in the future :D Before you even start making maps, try have a quick run around Downtown in both Battle and Outbreak mode. It's the only map which has been updated with the new changes and I think looks pretty damn sexy. That's what you should be aiming for. Remember you can always go to the VIEW MAPS section to look at Downtown, and middle mouse click on the lights and models to see what settings I've used. Anyway a few tips:

LIGHTING
Use fewer lights!
This is for a number of reasons. Firstly maps take too long to load with hundreds of lights everywhere. Secondly the maps look too chaotic with all of the shadows they cast. The shadows in Downtown look great because they come from a single light source. There is just 1 big directional light and with the correct settings it lights up the map beautifully! The shadows are clean and simple and not all over the place. So yeah, instead of using 4 small lights with a 20m radius to light a room, try using just 1 light with a 40m radius. It will look a lot better.

Also, you should only ever have 1 directional light in your map - the sun or the moon. Lots of my maps used to have 3 or 4 directional lights. I would have a big powerful sun light, and then 3 or 4 bluish lights pointing in opposite directions to simulate general ambient sky light. This doesn't work anymore. The extra lights cast shadows that are too clearly defined and it makes absolutely zero sense. There aren't 4 suns in the world, only 1. Instead just set the ambient value of your single sun light somewhere around the 30 mark and the game will take care of the rest.

Make brighter maps!
Many of the maps in MF are simply too dark. When I play on my laptop I have to squint to see what is happening half the time because the screen is glossy and the maps are way too dark. This makes for a really bad first impression for a new player and is really bad for gameplay. Seeing as we're redoing the lights anyway, try take this as an opportunity to completely redo the lighting. It's ok to have a "night time" map, and I think this is great for Outbreak. But you can still have this nice and bright. To make a look like night time all you need is a single blue directional light. Then you can put point lights into it which have a really large radius and a high intensity and the map will look great! Again, look at Downtown in Outbreak. It definitely looks like night time, but the areas where you're actually going to be playing (around the bombs) are very well lit.

Another thing... be BOLD with your lighting!! Make the brights BRIGHT and the darks dark. Too many maps seem kind of.. flat and bland. The brightness is basically a solid 60% intensity across the entire map. This is what you get when you have too many lights providing even lighting everywhere. Instead just use 1 light with a MASSIVE radius. This will create an area with plenty of brightness, but then the shadows will be nice and dark and provide a visually stimulating contrast. Again look at Downtown, especially the Outbreak version. Try and have some areas of your map (the playable areas) really bright and bold, and then have some nice dark shadows cast elsewhere.

Match your lights with Models and Decals!
This is an absolute requirement for official maps from here on. If you have a point light in the map, it MUST be accompanied with a model or a decal. The shadows are too realistic now and it makes zero sense for shadows to be randomly cast with no visible light source. Again this is only if you want your map to be official. Official maps represent the game and therefore need to look good. Every light should have a model, and preferably also a "glow" decal matching the colour of the light.

Check out Downtown for how I've done this. I have replaced some of the decals with models. The decal which used to stick out about 2m from the wall has been replaced with a model. This is way better because it casts shadows, has specular reflections and just looks better overall. The other main type of light is the little fluorecent lights, which I've left as decals. Just check Downtown to see what I mean.

Now when you're updating the sticky out of the wall decals to models there's an easy way to do it:
1) Use the shift key. It will snap your lights, decals and models to the grid and make it much easier to place and line things up.
2) Choose a height value, let's say 6m. You want to use this same 6m value for everything. So set the light to 6m above the ground, then shift click where you want the light source to be. Then get the model and set the height of that to exactly 6m too, and rotate it and shift click it up against the wall. Then get the glow decal and set the height of that to 6m and drag that over the light too.
3) A quick shortcut is to middle mouse click the existing decal lights and change the texture to the white glow directly below it. Then just place the model and the light in the correct spots. Most importantly though is that they line up (thus shift click). Otherwise the shadows will be off center and look strange. Again, check Downtown in the map editor.

So yeah, lights need to look like they're actually coming out of something. There are a lot of light models and decals to choose from. You can even get creative by creating an overhanging light like I've done in the center of Barn. Also if you have any requests for new models/decals just let me know :D

Consider specularity!
Obviously after you fool around in the map editor you'll need to hop into the actual game and test it on the MAX SETTINGS. This includes specularity and looking at how this works. Just so you know, specularity is like a direct reflection of light, and will look brighter depending on the angle. Also the tiles material property will determine how strong the reflection is. This means that some things will need to be changed. Look at where the grass joins the dirt in Farm for example and you'll see what I mean. I'm going to have to change the tile properties as the grass and the dirt don't line up.

Try to make interesting shadows!
When it comes time to light a room, don't just chuck a light down and hope for the best. Try and find a place where it actually makes the map look more interesting. It might be the case that putting the light on the right wall casts a really cool shadow. Remember MF uses a tile-based system which looks inherently blocky and square. We need these lights to cast sexy gorgeous shadows to break things up a bit and add more detail. Look at how I've positioned the lights near the spawns in Downtown for Outbreak. That's not by accident, I placed lights there instead of on some other building because it creates this cool shadow and makes the map more interesting to look at.

Summary
In general the new system is so different I suggest you just start over completely. Don't use heaps of tiny lights, just use a few lights with HUGE radiuses. Like 50 to 80m or something. Set a healthy ambience on them and the game will take care of the rest. This will solve all our problems. We'll have simpler and cleaner shadows, nice bright playing areas with good gameplay, nice contrast between bright and dark areas and you won't need to place as many light models and decals. In summary, quality over quantity. Use your lights boldly!

MODELS & DECALS
Spam them everywhere!!
Look at Downtown. No matter where you're standing you can see plenty of models and decals. Light fixtures, trees, bits of paper and debris, wires hanging between buildings.. To be honest there aren't enough and I'm going to add even more. Models especially. They cast gorgeous shadows, they catch glints of light with the specularity, and the make the maps look ALIVE! Again MF is inherently blocky and ugly. We need models and decals everywhere to bring the map to life. I know it takes a while but it makes a huge difference.

Consider the shadows cast by your models
Try get some nice shadows casting from your shadows. The wires look especially cool I think because they're curved and make the map look more 3D when the shadow is cast below them. Putting lights up nice and close to railing looks pretty interesting too, though should be used sparingly. Just experiment and be bold!

TILES & TEXTURING
Unfortunately, cross section walls are ugly
There have been no changes to how tiles or tile textures work this version but I thought they deserved a mention... the more I look around these maps the more I realise something. The black cross section we use to represent rooms does not look good. There is quite simply no way to make a "room" look good in this game. Downtown doesn't have any rooms at all and looks way better because of it. What you see is what you get, and it's as if you're actually there flying in the sky looking down. But having these black tiles and room cross sections is VERY hard to get looking right. It's not so much the blackness of the tile, but just the fact that in actual 3D space there's just a random wall there. Every tile in Downtown is a part of something... part of a building, part of a road. The only "wall" in Downtown is surrounding the carparks but even those I've changed to remove the full-blocking property on. But maps which have too many rooms just don't look realistic, and don't look nice. They look blocky, and that's not good.

Obviously I'm not suggesting anyone change their maps and remove these walls. They can look good if you do it right.. but they almost always don't. It's just something to consider. Try to minimise them as much as possible, or if you must use them make a big section, preferably with 2 tile walls. Also don't make the wall stick up too high above the ground. Asylum does and OK job of this, because even though the walls are there they are at least short and don't stick out too much. I dunno, it's hard to explain, but it just doesn't look good to me.

Get the textures looking nice
Again no changes made here, just a general point I see. Making an official map takes polishing. This means that the textures, particularly on the sides of walls, need to look good. They need to line up. You can't have a brick wall section where half the wall is stretched out and the tile right next to it is bunched together. We have the ability to tile the side walls now, and we should be using this. I am guilty of this myself, particularly old maps like Supply. But it's something I'm going to have to fix before releasing the game. It just doesn't good. Also, on some maps I see walls which are like 20m tall, but they have a brick texture with a window in it which is stretched to like 5m long. This is not realistic at all! Windows aren't 5m tall. Anyway this is just nitpicky stuff and a general point I guess. Just things to consider.

IN SUMMARY
This is just a big bunch of tips for how to make maps look nice. I know that we all rightfully care more about gameplay in our maps than graphics, and I wish it was that simple. I wish the millions of users on Steam could somehow magically know how good the gameplay of MF was from the screenshots alone, but they can't. They judge the game by it's graphics first, then only after having downloaded the game do they start to care about gameplay. I've always cared more about gameplay than graphics, but it's time to be realistic. We're mere months away from a Steam release and if we want lots of players then the graphics need to look good.

So these tips are for official maps. I'll be doing this on my maps, and anyone who wants to make an official map in the future should do the same. We simply need to raise the standard of sexiness!! Anyway as I said before I'll gladly help the existing official map makers update their maps, as I know this is a lot and it's quite demanding. You guys just do what you can though and I can take care of the rest. Just let me know how you'd like to handle it. I understand the importance of owning your work creatively so maybe you don't want me touching your maps. But if that's the case we might just need a bit of a back and forth as I point out stuff that's not quite right (broken tiles etc..).

Anywhoo. Here is the download link. Enjoy!!
http://mutantfactions.net/downloads/playtest/MutantFactions1090TESTBUILD.zip

Also I will always update the latest exe and textures here:
http://mutantfactions.net/downloads/playtest/MutantFactions.exe
http://mutantfactions.net/downloads/playtest/bencelot_01.png

Post subject: Re: New build for map makers!
PostPosted: Wed 17 Jun 2015, 05:33 
Walking Encyclopedia

I apparently need to update my drivers. But mine are already up to date.
Image Lightpost is see-through.
Image Options.

EDIT:
I'm on a PC with NVidia graphics card.

Credits to Illusion & Affle for my signature & avatar respectively!

Last edited by STM1993 on Wed 17 Jun 2015, 05:59, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jun 2015, 05:37 
Slippery Fish

STM1993 wrote:
I apparently need to update my drivers. But mine are already up to date.
Image Lightpost is see-through.
Image Options.

Can confirm, I updated my drivers 3 days ago because I had problems with another game. Shouldn't be getting this one.

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jun 2015, 06:02 
Pro Casual

I could launch it... And then I was wondering what psychedelics you were on when you made this because dafaq lol.

Ninja edit: top pic is my map bridge, second pic is downtown, third is my graphic settings.

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jun 2015, 15:01 
Geneshift Creator

Haha wow, ok.. thats very strange. Could you guys post the log.txt file?

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jun 2015, 15:05 
Walking Encyclopedia

EDIT: Downtown log.

Code:
======= Start Loading Mutant Factions v1.09 ===========
File Path: E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\
Exe Name: MutantFactions.exe

Loading Params
Cores: 4
Searching Directory
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/translations/
ini
Loading Language: English
Initializing GLFW
GLFW Initialized
GLFW Window Created
Initializing OPENGL
Loading Images
OPENGL VERSION: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 347.09
Extensions: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Texture Units: 4
Texture Coords: 8
Max Texture Size: 16384
Allow VBOs: Yes.
Creating Shaders...
Could Not Compile Shaders - Update Drivers.

0(2) : error C7011: implicit cast from "vec4" to "vec3"

OPENGL ERROR DETECTED: 1282 (Create Shader: Start)

Shadow Compiling...OK!

Vertex Shader Compiling...OK!

Shader Linking...OK!

Shadow Compiling...OK!

Shader Linking...OK!

Shadow Compiling...OK!

Shader Linking...OK!

Shadow Compiling...OK!

Shader Linking...OK!

Shadow Compiling...OK!

Shader Linking...OK!

Shadow Compiling...OK!

Shader Linking...OK!

Shadow Compiling...OK!

Shader Linking...OK!

Shadow Compiling...OK!

Shader Linking...OK!

Shadow Compiling...OK!

Shader Linking...OK!

Shadow Compiling...OK!

Shader Linking...OK!

Shadow Compiling...OK!

Shader Linking...OK!

Shadow Compiling...OK!

Shader Linking...OK!

Allow Shadows: No.
Loading Textures:
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/penumbra.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/menuTextures.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/tileTextures.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/tileTextures2.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/modelTextures.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/chemicalFlame.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/fog.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/bevelSheen.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/flagTextures.png
Searching Directory
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/models/
obj
Loading Models:
Loading ALUT
Begin ALUT Loading Sequence
Set ALUT Context
Sounds Loaded! Setting Listener
Creating Sys Tray
Loading Sounds
Loading Sounds...
Display Heartbeat Logo
Initializing ENET
Loading Network...
Initializing CURL
Setup Curl
START SETUP
Setup Texture List
Searching Directory
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/mapTextures/
png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/mapTextures/bencelot_01.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/mapTextures/fructdw_01.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/mapTextures/swiss01.png
Setup Map Editor
Setup Console
Setup Missions
Setup Skills
Setup Weapons
Customising Weapons...

Setup Vehicles
Setup Chemicals
Setup Profiles
Setup Game
Setup Menu
Searching Directory
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/maps/
sub
Searching Directory
png
Searching Directory
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/profiles/
guy
Setup Background Map
Searching Directory
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/maps/backgroundMaps/
sub
Loading Map: E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/maps/backgroundMaps/HydroBack.sub
Reading Tile Properties
Loaded 676 unique tile types.
Assigning Tile Properties
Padding Tile Properties
LOADING MAP: preparing logical elements
LOADING MAP: background load 1
LOADING MAP: background load 2
LOADING MAP: background load specularity
LOADING MAP: background load 2.5
LOADING MAP: Calculating Ambience 2
LOADING MAP: Calculating Ambience End 1
LOADING MAP: background load: smoothing ambience
LOADING MAP: background load 3
LOADING MAP: Calculating Lighting Old 2
LOADING MAP: Calculating Lighting End 1
LOADING MAP: Refining Lighting
LOADING MAP: Calculating Lighting End 2
LOADING MAP: Started Creating Bevel Rects
LOADING MAP: Finished Creating Bevel Rects
LOADING MAP: Optimising Map Segments
LOADING MAP: Creating Light Maps
LOADING MAP: Creating Vertex Arrays
Map Loaded in 0.136s
Finished Loading Background
Clear Backups Directory
Searching Directory
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/backups/

Connect to MFN
Find Internet Servers
Prepare New Account
Searching Directory
png
Searching Directory
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/maps/myMaps/
sub
Map Error: Empty Filename: filename:  expectedFileSize: -1 expectedTextureSize: -1 expectedMapKey: -1 myMaps: 1
Checking Window
Checking Time
========= Finish Loading Sequence =========
Connected to MFN!
Searching Directory
guy
Searching Directory
png
Searching Directory
sub
Map Error: Empty Filename: filename:  expectedFileSize: -1 expectedTextureSize: -1 expectedMapKey: -1 myMaps: 1
Loading Map: E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/maps/Downtown.sub
Reading File Data
Reading Tile Properties
Loaded 2993 unique tile types.
Padding Tile Properties
LOADING MAP: Generating Tile Geometry
Restarting Match
LOADING MAP: Mapping Textures
LOADING MAP: Mapping Specularity
LOADING MAP: Calculating Ambience
LOADING MAP: Smoothing Ambience
LOADING MAP: Calculating Lighting
Creating Shadow Rects
End Shadow Rects 1
End Shadow Rects 2
Minimap Created!
Map Loaded in 1.909s
Creating Map Models
Map Loaded Successfully
Game Ready
Icon Deleted
Details Saved

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jun 2015, 15:43 
Geneshift Creator

Thanks! I'll try fix this ASAP :)

Quote:

This is the problem. Easy fix I think! Qwerty, do you get the same?

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jun 2015, 16:27 
Geneshift Creator

FIXED!

I hope.. I've fixed the original upload link. I've also uploaded the executable on it's own to save you the download time: http://mutantfactions.net/downloads/pla ... XEDEXE.zip

Hopefully this works! This should fix STM and Qwerty's issues, and I'm hoping it fixes Nightfall's too. Let me know how it goes, and thanks for letting me know about the issue. Good thing I released this early build huh.. would've been a messy v1.09 release otherwise!

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jun 2015, 18:13 
Crimea is ours!

Quote:
MODELS & DECALS
Spam them everywhere!!
Look at Downtown. No matter where you're standing you can see plenty of models and decals. Light fixtures, trees, bits of paper and debris, wires hanging between buildings..

Can people make custom models and decals ? They should be able to, so we dont get same models everywhere

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jun 2015, 18:31 
Pro Casual

Maximilian wrote:
Quote:
MODELS & DECALS
Spam them everywhere!!
Look at Downtown. No matter where you're standing you can see plenty of models and decals. Light fixtures, trees, bits of paper and debris, wires hanging between buildings..

Can people make custom models and decals ? They should be able to, so we dont get same models everywhere

We can color change them, I believe.

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jun 2015, 18:58 
Geneshift Creator

Maximilian wrote:
Quote:
MODELS & DECALS
Spam them everywhere!!

Yup. If you know how you can create models, export them as obj files and put them into the data/models folder. I would LOVE people to do this!! Just send them over to me when you're done and I'll include them in the official game.

Also people can make decals too, you just have to edit the bencelot_01.png file and put your decal textures in there. Again, send me the file and if it's good I'll include it :D

Also Nightfall, was your issue fixed with the new patch?

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jun 2015, 22:15 
Slippery Fish

Well, I could adjust stuff, but I recently got something similar to Nightfall's problem (Which I remember having a while ago too, except this time it's static)
Occasionally it would flicker back and forth, probably having something to do with the lighting. (Occurs on corrumpo as well, except only when it flickers)

Another problem I've noticed was on Core. I didn't screenshot it since it's easy to explain, but basically I couldn't adjust fog settings. I mean, I could, but the moving fog would always be stuck on the same color and same density. I loaded up core on the current official version (v1.08) and turned down the fog settings and that removed it. I then noticed that cars and gangsters didn't leave any decals on the ground. They couldn't be splatted and there were no tire marks...

Log here:
Code:
File Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\

Loading Params
Searching Directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/translations/
ini
Initializing GLFW
GLFW Initialized
GLFW Window Created
Initializing OPENGL
Loading Images
OPENGL VERSION: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 353.06
Creating Shaders...
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Allow Shadows: Yes.
Loading Textures:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/textures/penumbra.png
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/textures/menuTextures.png
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/textures/tileTextures.png
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/textures/tileTextures2.png
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/textures/modelTextures.png
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/textures/chemicalFlame.png
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/textures/fog.png
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/textures/bevelSheen.png
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/textures/flagTextures.png
Searching Directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/models/
obj
Loading Models:
Loading ALUT
Set ALUT Context
Creating Sys Tray
Loading Sounds
Loading Sounds...
Display Heartbeat Logo
Initializing ENET
Loading Network...
Initializing CURL
Setup Curl
START SETUP
Setup Texture List
Searching Directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/textures/mapTextures/
png
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/textures/mapTextures/bencelot_01.png
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/textures/mapTextures/fructdw_01.png
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/textures/mapTextures/swiss01.png
Setup Map Editor
Setup Console
Setup Missions
Setup Skills
Setup Weapons
Customising Weapons...

Setup Vehicles
Setup Chemicals
Setup Profiles
Setup Game
Setup Menu
Searching Directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/maps/
sub
Searching Directory
png
Searching Directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/profiles/
guy
Setup Background Map
Searching Directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/maps/backgroundMaps/
sub
Loading Map: C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/maps/backgroundMaps/HydroBack.sub
Reading Tile Properties
Padding Tile Properties
Creating Light Maps
Map Loaded in 2.14s
Clear Backups Directory
Searching Directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/backups/

Connect to MFN
Find Internet Servers
Prepare New Account
Searching Directory
png
Searching Directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/maps/myMaps/
sub
Checking Window
Resizing Shadow Map
FBO created successfully!
Checking Time
Connected to MFN!
Searching Directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/profiles/
guy
Searching Directory
png
Searching Directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/maps/myMaps/
sub
Resizing Shadow Map
Loading Map: C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/maps/Downtown.sub
Reading File Data
Reading Tile Properties
Padding Tile Properties
Restarting Match
Couldn't Create Game.
Loading Map: C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/maps/Core.sub
Reading File Data
Reading Tile Properties
Loaded 2152 unique tile types.
Padding Tile Properties
Restarting Match
Creating Light Maps
Creating Shadow Rects
End Shadow Rects 1
End Shadow Rects 2
Minimap Created!
Map Loaded in 19.024s
Creating Map Models
Map Loaded Successfully
Game Ready
SERVER: Let the battle begin!
Loading Map: C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/maps/Corrumpo.sub
Reading File Data
Reading Tile Properties
Loaded 3575 unique tile types.
Padding Tile Properties
Restarting Match
Creating Light Maps
Creating Shadow Rects
End Shadow Rects 1
End Shadow Rects 2
Minimap Created!
Map Loaded in 32.846s
Creating Map Models
Map Loaded Successfully
Game Ready
qwertybeef killed qwertybeef with World
Loading Map: C:\Program Files (x86)\MutantFactions\data/maps/Downtown.sub
Reading File Data
Reading Tile Properties
Padding Tile Properties
Restarting Match
Creating Light Maps
Creating Shadow Rects
End Shadow Rects 1
End Shadow Rects 2
Minimap Created!
Map Loaded in 9.49301s
Creating Map Models
Map Loaded Successfully
Game Ready
Icon Delete: FAILED
Details Saved

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jun 2015, 22:34 
Geneshift Creator

Wooo, so many issues!! Ok let's see:

Qwertybeef wrote:
Well, I could adjust stuff, but I recently got something similar to Nightfall's problem (Which I remember having a while ago too, except this time it's static)

Qwertybeef wrote:
Occasionally it would flicker back and forth, probably having something to do with the lighting. (Occurs on corrumpo as well, except only when it flickers)

When you say you RECENTLY got this, was it like this as soon as you opened up the game? Or does it only occur after you load a map and then change maps. If it only occurs after changing maps then I have a fix for this as I just noticed this bug myself. I've replaced both zips with the new executable, so you should be able to download the fix here: http://mutantfactions.net/downloads/playtest/MutantFactionsFIXEDEXE.zip

Qwertybeef wrote:
Another problem I've noticed was on Core. I didn't screenshot it since it's easy to explain, but basically I couldn't adjust fog settings. I mean, I could, but the moving fog would always be stuck on the same color and same density. I loaded up core on the current official version (v1.08) and turned down the fog settings and that removed it.

Strange, works fine for me. Are you sure you were updating the right KIND of fog? Remember there are 2 types now, fixed and view. Maybe you were trying to change the colour of the fixed fog, but what was displaying was the view fog. Fixed fog is determined by fixed height and doesn't care how high the camera is. View fog depends on the camera. If you just drag all sliders to zero does that remove it?

Quote:
I then noticed that cars and gangsters didn't leave any decals on the ground. They couldn't be splatted and there were no tire marks...

This is strange too.. works fine for me. Only thing I can think of here is that you somehow set the Max Decals setting to 0? Could you double check this?

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jun 2015, 22:46 
Slippery Fish

bencelot wrote:
Wooo, so many issues!! Ok let's see:

When you say you RECENTLY got this, was it like this as soon as you opened up the game? Or does it only occur after you load a map and then change maps. If it only occurs after changing maps then I have a fix for this as I just noticed this bug myself. I've replaced both zips with the new executable, so you should be able to download the fix here: http://mutantfactions.net/downloads/playtest/MutantFactionsFIXEDEXE.zip

Turns out it was the changing maps thing... Recently meaning with the last fix for the driver problem. Gonna download that zip and try again

bencelot wrote:
Strange, works fine for me. Are you sure you were updating the right KIND of fog? Remember there are 2 types now, fixed and view. Maybe you were trying to change the colour of the fixed fog, but what was displaying was the view fog. Fixed fog is determined by fixed height and doesn't care how high the camera is. View fog depends on the camera. If you just drag all sliders to zero does that remove it?
Turned down both settings of fog, didn't fix it. I even set the wind to be in the opposite direction and the fog would still go in the same direction, have the density, and same color. That's when I loaded it up in a different version, which fixed it.

Quote:
This is strange too.. works fine for me. Only thing I can think of here is that you somehow set the Max Decals setting to 0? Could you double check this?

All of my settings are on max.

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jun 2015, 23:53 
Slippery Fish

Code:
File Path: C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\

Loading Params
Searching Directory
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/translations/
ini
Initializing GLFW
GLFW Initialized
GLFW Window Created
Initializing OPENGL
Loading Images
OPENGL VERSION: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 353.06
Creating Shaders...
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Loading Textures:
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/textures/penumbra.png
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/textures/menuTextures.png
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/textures/tileTextures.png
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/textures/tileTextures2.png
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/textures/modelTextures.png
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/textures/chemicalFlame.png
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/textures/fog.png
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/textures/bevelSheen.png
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/textures/flagTextures.png
Searching Directory
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/models/
obj
Loading Models:
Loading ALUT
Set ALUT Context
Creating Sys Tray
Loading Sounds
Loading Sounds...
Display Heartbeat Logo
Initializing ENET
Loading Network...
Initializing CURL
Setup Curl
START SETUP
Setup Texture List
Searching Directory
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/textures/mapTextures/
png
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/textures/mapTextures/bencelot_01.png
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/textures/mapTextures/fructdw_01.png
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/textures/mapTextures/swiss01.png
Setup Map Editor
Setup Console
Setup Missions
Setup Skills
Setup Weapons
Customising Weapons...

Setup Vehicles
Setup Chemicals
Setup Profiles
Setup Game
Setup Menu
Searching Directory
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/maps/
sub
Searching Directory
png
Searching Directory
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/profiles/
guy
Setup Background Map
Searching Directory
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/maps/backgroundMaps/
sub
Loading Map: C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/maps/backgroundMaps/HydroBack.sub
Reading Tile Properties
Padding Tile Properties
Creating Light Maps
Map Loaded in 2.299s
Clear Backups Directory
Searching Directory
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/backups/

Connect to MFN
Find Internet Servers
Prepare New Account
Searching Directory
png
Searching Directory
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/maps/myMaps/
sub
Checking Window
Resizing Shadow Map
Checking Time
Connected to MFN!
Searching Directory
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/profiles/
guy
Searching Directory
png
Searching Directory
sub
Loading Map: C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/maps/Core.sub
Reading File Data
Reading Tile Properties
Loaded 2153 unique tile types.
Padding Tile Properties
Restarting Match
Creating Light Maps
Creating Shadow Rects
End Shadow Rects 1
End Shadow Rects 2
Minimap Created!
Map Loaded in 22.619s
Creating Map Models
Map Loaded Successfully
Game Ready
Searching Directory
png
Loading Map: C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/maps/myMaps/Core.sub
Reading File Data
Reading Tile Properties
Padding Tile Properties
Map Loaded in 2.76701s
Searching Directory
C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/maps/
sub
Searching Directory
sub
Loading Map: C:\Users\George\Desktop\MutantFactions\data/maps/Core.sub
Reading File Data
Reading Tile Properties
Padding Tile Properties
Restarting Match
Creating Light Maps
Creating Shadow Rects
End Shadow Rects 1
End Shadow Rects 2
Minimap Created!
Map Loaded in 21.672s
Creating Map Models
Map Loaded Successfully
Game Ready
Resizing Shadow Map
Window Closed.
Icon Delete: FAILED
Details Saved

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jun 2015, 23:56 
Geneshift Creator

Ok thanks. So now the only error we have is that decals and Radiate aren't showing up for Qwerty. STM, Nightfall? Have you guys had a chance at downloading the latest exe and seeing if there are bugs for you?

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu 18 Jun 2015, 00:05 
Pro Casual

bencelot wrote:
Maximilian wrote:
Quote:
MODELS & DECALS
Spam them everywhere!!

Yup. If you know how you can create models, export them as obj files and put them into the data/models folder. I would LOVE people to do this!! Just send them over to me when you're done and I'll include them in the official game.

Also people can make decals too, you just have to edit the bencelot_01.png file and put your decal textures in there. Again, send me the file and if it's good I'll include it :D

Also Nightfall, was your issue fixed with the new patch?

Haven't had a chance to test it yet, will do soonish (again finals OP ben pls nerf).

PostPosted: Thu 18 Jun 2015, 03:18 
Walking Encyclopedia

Downloaded, can confirm the decal/particle issue when LOS is enabled - same issue as Qwerty. No other glaring problems so far.

PostPosted: Thu 18 Jun 2015, 04:08 
Geneshift Creator

STM1993 wrote:
Downloaded, can confirm the decal/particle issue when LOS is enabled - same issue as Qwerty. No other glaring problems so far.

Ok thanks. Would it be possible to get a screenshot with the shadows on? I wanna see what the walls look like. They should get darker the higher up they go, but not darker the lower they go..

PostPosted: Thu 18 Jun 2015, 05:19 
Walking Encyclopedia

I seem to have gotten strange black lines.
Also shadow fade is not working as spoken in chatbox.
Attachment:
File comment: Weird Black Lines
STMResidence.sub [199.03 KiB]
Downloaded 116 times

Code:
File Path: E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\

Loading Params
Searching Directory
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/translations/
ini
Initializing GLFW
GLFW Initialized
GLFW Window Created
Initializing OPENGL
Loading Images
OPENGL VERSION: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 347.09
Creating Shaders...
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Shadow Compiling...OK!
Shader Linking...OK!
Loading Textures:
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/penumbra.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/menuTextures.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/tileTextures.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/tileTextures2.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/modelTextures.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/chemicalFlame.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/fog.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/bevelSheen.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/flagTextures.png
Searching Directory
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/models/
obj
Loading Models:
Loading ALUT
Set ALUT Context
Creating Sys Tray
Loading Sounds
Loading Sounds...
Display Heartbeat Logo
Initializing ENET
Loading Network...
Initializing CURL
Setup Curl
START SETUP
Setup Texture List
Searching Directory
png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/mapTextures/bencelot_01.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/mapTextures/fructdw_01.png
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/textures/mapTextures/swiss01.png
Setup Map Editor
Setup Console
Setup Missions
Setup Skills
Setup Weapons
Customising Weapons...

Setup Vehicles
Setup Chemicals
Setup Profiles
Setup Game
Setup Menu
Searching Directory
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/maps/
sub
Searching Directory
png
Searching Directory
guy
Setup Background Map
Searching Directory
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/maps/backgroundMaps/
sub
Loading Map: E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/maps/backgroundMaps/HydroBack.sub
Reading Tile Properties
Padding Tile Properties
Creating Light Maps
Map Loaded in 0.829s
Clear Backups Directory
Searching Directory
E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/backups/

Connect to MFN
Find Internet Servers
Prepare New Account
Searching Directory
png
Searching Directory
sub
Checking Window
Resizing Shadow Map
Checking Time
Connected to MFN!
Resizing Shadow Map
Searching Directory
guy
Searching Directory
png
Searching Directory
sub
Loading Map: E:\Games\MutantFactions\MutantFactions - Map Editor\data/maps/STMResidence.sub
Reading File Data
Reading Tile Properties
Loaded 1518 unique tile types.
Padding Tile Properties
Restarting Match
Creating Light Maps
Creating Shadow Rects
End Shadow Rects 1
End Shadow Rects 2
Minimap Created!
Map Loaded in 2.875s
Creating Map Models
Map Loaded Successfully
Game Ready
Resizing Shadow Map
Resizing Shadow Map

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next