Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 6   [ 109 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: [STM] OFFICIAL Map: STMResidence v2.98 (New version BETA
PostPosted: Tue 14 Jul 2015, 20:00 
Geneshift Creator

Heya STM, I have finished all the tile-work. Could you take a look at the file and let me know if I've accidentally screwed anything up? If anything needs changing could you either list it or make changes to the map and send it back to me? Fundamentally everything is the same except for that new top corner that you added. As we were talking about yesterday I've focussed more on the residential theme by expanding your tennis court idea, rather than industrial. Really makes the map more thematic and unique I think, plus lots of green and blue colours now :D

Anyway the map is 100% symmetrical along the DIAGONAL axis. It's 99% symmetrical along the vertical and horizontal axises as well, but not completely. If you look at the merc spawn buildings for example you'll see it's not completely symmetrical horizontally as the furniture has been moved around so it's more pleasing on the eye. However to ensure 100% game balance this has been mirrored and flipped in the other building so neither team has any possible gameplay advantage.

In short, all you need to do is look at the top-left hand corner of the map, as the other 3 corners are just mirrors of that. Also I haven't worked on any graphical stuff yet, just the tiling. Overall it was mostly retexturing and recolouring things, thickening up a few walls and aligning side textures nicely. On the tennis court area is significantly changed as discussed yesterday.

Let me know if it's all ok! I'm excited to start the beautifying process. And thanks for all your help :)

EDIT: I just finished updating all of the zones as well. They got shifted around a bit when I was playing with the tiles. The attached file now has all the updated zones as well. Could you take a look at these and let me know if they're ok? It's basically the same but with a few changes:

1) Battle is the same.
2) For Extraction, I flipped the truck destinations around for consistency. Every other official map requires you to drive the truck AWAY from your spawn, not towards it. I also put experimented with putting the radio destinations up on the new rooftop areas to try involve that area of the map a bit more. The current route might be a bit long for your tastes, but I don't mind it. You can choose between the faster route that goes via the enemy spawn, or the slower route around the outside. Could be interesting! Anyway let me know if you want this changed.
3) Checkpoint is the same, just tidied it up a bit with some poles to hang the beams off of.
4) In Outbreak I noticed that there were a few too many zombie spawns in the central garden area. This heaviliy skews the distribution of zombies, so I just kept the ones in the flowers. Looks cool how they hop out of there :D Also shifted a bomb onto the tennis court as the water tower is gone now. It's still 5 bombs though and well spaced out in all different areas of the map.
5) Chemical Warfare is the same.

Attachments:
Residence.sub [321.21 KiB]
Downloaded 128 times

PostPosted: Wed 15 Jul 2015, 03:34 
Geneshift Creator

Update with your fixes so far plus some tile lighting to make the directional light shadows look good:

Attachment:
Residence.sub [323.44 KiB]
Downloaded 123 times

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jul 2015, 19:54 
Geneshift Creator

Heya STM, I'm finished! Take a look. You might want to sit down first because the sexiness will BLOW you away. Speaking of blowing, listen to the wind effects up on the rooftops. God damn! I haven't touched the tiling since we last spoke so gameplay wise it should be all good. And graphically/thematically it's looking really nice I think. I went with the green theme for Outbreak too and it's lookin' good.

Anyway let me know if I've missed anything or have any suggestions. Thanks!

Attachments:
Residence.sub [372.62 KiB]
Downloaded 122 times

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jul 2015, 04:02 
Geneshift Creator

After all the changes you gave me :)

Attachments:
Residence.sub [374.45 KiB]
Downloaded 113 times

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jul 2015, 04:53 
Geneshift Creator

As requested, the STMResidence from v1.08 (now ClsResidence):

Attachments:
ClsResidence.sub [207.69 KiB]
Downloaded 136 times

Post subject: Re: [STM] OFFICIAL Map: Residence v3.00
PostPosted: Fri 17 Jul 2015, 05:03 
Walking Encyclopedia

Residence Version 3.00 is out!
ImageNormal
ImageOutbreak
Version 3.00 - "Your neighbours just woke you up at 3am. Show your gratitude with a BANG!"
Map Size: 288x224
Game Modes: Battle / Extraction / Checkpoint / Outbreak / Chemical Warfare (36)

Download available in first post, along with the classic version!

Changelog:
17th July 2015 12:00 - Massive rework for the upcoming game version 1.09! Thank you Bencelot!!
  • The outer roofs that formed the perimeter are now accessible! Swimming pools, tennis courts and a shed!
  • Removed decal-covered secrets since they no longer look good. Any "secrets" are jump spots and a healing location.
  • Added multiple spires on the inner roofs. These serve to make sniping a little harder, although you can climb them for a nice vantage point.
  • Many other smaller changes and massive graphical overhaul!

Known Tricks:
Image Jump Set 1
Image Jump Set 2
Image Jump Set 3
Image Jump Set 4. Blue L7 jump is the most difficult to do.
Image Garden Secrets
Image Hilarious quirk
ImageThe new roofs have lots of walls surrounding it, making it great for Phasic Bullets users!

Credits to Illusion & Affle for my signature & avatar respectively!

Last edited by STM1993 on Sun 02 Aug 2015, 16:12, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jul 2015, 05:19 
Geneshift Creator

Awesome stuff man. Updated for v1.09! Thanks for all your help :)

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jul 2015, 05:24 
Mercenary

Is the old version of this map is avalible for download?

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jul 2015, 05:27 
Walking Encyclopedia

MikroSD wrote:
Is the old version of this map is avalible for download?

Yes, old version is called "ClsResidence", and it is also available for download in the first post.

Do note the new version doesn't work on the current v1.08 Subvein, need to wait for the game's next patch (v1.09) or download the test .exe.

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jul 2015, 05:49 
Geneshift Creator

Actually in regards to the L7 jump in the merc spawns STM, do you think that those back areas should be made non-teleportable? I think they should and completely forgot to set them this way when I was updating it. It's such a hard jump and satisfying to pull off, teleport kinda cheapens it a bit. Also for the record technically that's not an L7 jump, probably more like an L5 jump but it's raised up a bit. Eitherway it's hard and should be rewarded!

Assuming you're ok with it here's the file with those back areas set to non-teleportable. I also noticed that the red lights in the merc areas were placed above the light model instead of below, so you could see the specularity and it made no sense. I dropped those down a meter to below to fix this too.

Attachments:
Residence.sub [374.52 KiB]
Downloaded 107 times

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jul 2015, 06:43 
Walking Encyclopedia

bencelot wrote:
Actually in regards to the L7 jump in the merc spawns STM, do you think that those back areas should be made non-teleportable? I think they should and completely forgot to set them this way when I was updating it. It's such a hard jump and satisfying to pull off, teleport kinda cheapens it a bit. Also for the record technically that's not an L7 jump, probably more like an L5 jump but it's raised up a bit. Eitherway it's hard and should be rewarded!

Assuming you're ok with it here's the file with those back areas set to non-teleportable. I also noticed that the red lights in the merc areas were placed above the light model instead of below, so you could see the specularity and it made no sense. I dropped those down a meter to below to fix this too.

Yeah, I think its better with non-teleport.

First post updated.
* Fixed one almost unnoticeable mistake in the alley stair top left of Sci base (one side of the one of the steps is 18.25m instead of 18.50m, causing players to be unable to walk up the next stair step).
* Made the center box in tennis courts non-teleport.
* Added a hilarious death scream when falling off high spots into the non-playable area!

PostPosted: Fri 17 Jul 2015, 17:40 
Geneshift Creator

Dude that death scream.. amazing. Updated!

Post subject: Re: [STM] OFFICIAL Map: Residence v3.01
PostPosted: Sun 02 Aug 2015, 07:30 
Walking Encyclopedia

2nd August 2015 14:30 - Version 3.01, quick fix to Chemical locations. Also refined the death scream effects from jumping offmap.

Removed 4 of the compounds that spawned on the road corner, re-positioned 4 of the compounds between Merc bases and corner buildings into the corner buildings themselves. Adjusted some precise compound positions. The random compound generation should now spread between the roofs and the road much more evenly. Hopefully, this will encourage more fighting on the roofs instead of on the roads.

Comparison:
Left is the current positions. Right is the new positions.

PostPosted: Sun 02 Aug 2015, 18:55 
Geneshift Creator

Looks good! Thanks man added for next version.

PostPosted: Sat 22 Aug 2015, 03:04 
Walking Encyclopedia

Found a miscoloured tile Bence as spoken on chatbox earlier. Fixed.

1st post's download updated.

PostPosted: Sat 22 Aug 2015, 03:12 
Geneshift Creator

Updated thx :)

PostPosted: Wed 30 Dec 2015, 22:59 
Walking Encyclopedia

Probably not gonna work on this, but I'll leave notes anyway.

Notes:
Barbed Wire on roof particle effect needs fixing. Only triggers on jump and at very center.
Lighting?
Make it less symmetrical?

Stealth Campaign
Rough concept sketch. Not 100% what I think would be good, but the most important idea is to change up the 4 roofs and also make the non-playable area a part of the stealth campaign's playable area.

Based on this post.

Pardon the image compression.
Start from (1). Get a Barrett. Shoot those two guys. Take USP. Kill the 4 guys on the left. Take Plasma. Kill the G area consisting of small clusters of guards and maybe cars. Go down from roof, plasma the two guys behind wall, take the MP5 in the pool. The Sci base will be full of guards, so you're supposed to clear it. Next is Energize, the idea is to use fast-moving guards to make life difficult for players to aim. Not much to showcase I admit, so Phasic appears almost immediately after. That'd be all the small details. At the very end, what I'm suggesting is that the final bomb will be on the bottom right roof like in Outbreak, and then you're supposed to jump off and run off to the east non-playable map area road.

Last edited by STM1993 on Wed 30 Dec 2015, 23:42, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed 30 Dec 2015, 23:12 
Geneshift Creator

Nice one STM, this will be handy for when I work on Residence. Looks like you're just skipping the entire top-right area of the map. Fair enough due to the symmetry. Might be a nice place to hide a secret unlock though. I'm going to start working on Residence in about a week I'd say, just after I patch the current 3 maps in the new version. Definitely agree with the plasma/barret/phasic combo though, it's perfect for this map and will be a nice change from the Frenzy style seen in Downtown. Also story-wise it kinda makes sense to drive from Downtown (heading north) and arrive where you've got it in Residence. Like you're driving from the centre of down out into the suburbs and fighting the zombies all the way. Good stuff!

EDIT: If you do ever feel inspired to make some custom made stealth puzzles just go for it. You can use Residence as I'll be making a copy called ResidenceS04 anyway. Alternatively maybe Seahouse could be a good map for some stealth action for variety and because it's not as big (doesn't take nearly as long).

Post subject: Re: [STM] OFFICIAL Map: Residence v3.10
PostPosted: Mon 04 Jan 2016, 17:14 
Walking Encyclopedia

5th January 2016 00:15 - Version 3.10. Slightly reduce the lighting intensity to make it less glaring in some places, changed Outbreak lighting to make it darker and less bright green. Re-done some particle effects as they became bugged after a map editor update. Changed the roof's extreme corner area - the walls are raised to prevent an annoying trick of jumping between the wall and the house, but a box is added and the house is lowered by 0.25m to compensate. The gaps in the electric wall are lowered by 0.25m to allow for easier jumps and to make the gap at tennis court area walkable. Added a collision railing on the merc secret area because there's an otherwise logical jump that should not cause players to die.

Attachment:
File comment: Version 3.10
For Subvein (for version after 0.994)

Residence.sub [385.77 KiB]
Downloaded 94 times

For Bencelot to update, and also use as a basis for the Stealth version. Hopefully the top right and bottom left roofs will be changed to break the symmetry during Stealth, and if its good enough it could be implemented into the PvP version too.

EDIT:
ClsResidence is also updated to reduce lighting usage, make it look better in light of the new lighting system, fixed particle effects and fixed Outbreak bomb locations (since old version randomized the order of the bombs).

Last edited by STM1993 on Mon 04 Jan 2016, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: [STM] OFFICIAL Map: Residence v3.10
PostPosted: Mon 04 Jan 2016, 17:23 
Geneshift Creator

Thanks STM, downloaded. What I might do is in a few days when I start on ResidenceS04 I'll try break the symmetry in Residence as wel land if you like it I'll include it in the PvP. Maybe I can patch the servers as well with the new map mid-release. I'll be moving on to this in a few days time I think :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 6   [ 109 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next